Vito B tinkering

Tell me if I'm boring you about cameras....Anyway, last week I tinkered with my Vito B camera. I bought this little beauty on ebay about 9 months ago. Unfortunately some herbert had previously taken it to pieces and not put it back together again very well.

I figured out how to fit it all back together again some time ago - and ran a film through it. Unfortunately, I hadn't quite re-assembled the lens focussing ring correctly...so on large apertures the focussing was a bit off. I have hopefully corrected it with my latest episode with micro screwdrivers and magnifying glasses! I'll pop another film through it and display any decent prints later.

If you're still with me on this post - the camera is from the 50/60's - it's a rangefinder, no focussing screens, no light meter (let alone TTL), fully manual, etc. Works in conjunction with a Zeiss Ikon Ikophot light meter I bought separately. Cool.

About this entry