End of an era

All good things must come to an end - this morning I sold my boat.... an emerald green Laser I - and an absolute beaut at that!

Her name was "Tai Mong Tsai" - named after the place where I learnt to sail with Mo and Caroline. Tai Mong Tsai literally means "Big Fish Bay" in Cantonese - but (for whatever reason) the Anglecised version is "Emerald Bay".

I was once a very active sailor in her - Rutland Club Champion one year and 2x particpant in the UK Masters Inland Championships. She was (and is ) a very fast boat. Since moving full time to London, however, she's been fairly idle in a paddock at Bewl Valley Sailing club. She's now gone to a better, more active home where she'll be raced every weekend.

Despite her age - (144402) - she is in excellent condition. I fitted her with the new Laser-approved control lines a couple of years ago and this make tweaking her whilst racing much, much easier.

About this entry