New camera's first outing

A couple of weekends ago, I treated myself to a new camera - a Canon 5d. This weekend Sara and I tripped out to Westonbirt arboretum, camera in tow.

The arboretum was cold and "bare" - the winter has been so prolonged in the UK that everything is about a month behind. However, managed to capture a couple of interesting flower shots - mainly of magnolias and camelias. Two or three shots posted here for you.

Now the technical bits - the 5d is a semi-pro body with 12.8 megapixels and a full frame sensor. This means that the images are fab - and I don't have the bother of the 1.6 multiplication telephoto factor on the lenses.

I took the shots in both "JPG" and "RAW" file formats. Despite the very large size files, the RAW format was definitely worth it - as post production was easier, better and produced better images that the JPGs.

Please comment......

All photos copyright David Morgan, 2006.

About this entry